Monday, January 19, 2009

Translight Photography Center




Translight Colours is now Translight Photography Center, offering both color and B&W darkroom rentals, Epson 9800 printing and a whole slew of other services. You can use the Epson color printer (up to 44" tall) with Christine, the manager's supervision for just $7 a square foot. That means to print a 6 foot wide print comes out to about $65. A comparable print at a very popular lab here, the name of which I'll keep to myself, would run you $160 and you'd have to wait to get your test print, come back, see it, make tweaks, and then come back again for the final print. I don't know about you, but I like the idea of being able to bang it all out in one go and have Christine there to help if anything goes wrong. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks, Aline

No comments: