Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gallery Role Call


Photo by Thorir Vidar

I've tried to put together a list of photography focused galleries in CA. My main source was the Association of International Photography Art Dealers (AIPAD) and tried to include only those you can actually go see without having lot's a spare cash overflowing your pockets. Remember, I'm a newbie here so please let me know if I've missed any and I'll include them with these down on the right under gallery links. I hope there are more, especially ones specializing in contemporary...
Los Angeles


Bay Area


San Diego

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great blog ! We've been doing something similar but more on the resource tip over at myspace.com/pixincla.

We list studios for rent, assistants, digital techs, prop houses, things of that nature.

We also do list photo shows and artwalks going on in Los Angeles as well as lectures, workshops and other things of interest to the photography community here in Los Angeles.

I've noticed the lack of community here in Los Angeles vs New York so I'm happy your blog is here !

Kudos for thumbs up on showcasing Ryan Schude's work. He used to work here (PIx Inc.) a while back and always thought he was a talented young photographer.

I'll be adding you blog to our list. :)

Eric

Unknown said...

Interesting list, are you aware of any in Orange County? I'm lazy and stuck behind the orange curtain.

J. Wesley Brown said...

Thanks, Eric. I'll check it out! Any chance of a discount for readers who mention the blog over at Pix? (I had to try...)

@ The lost photographer - None that I know of, but I'll post anything I hear of down there.